Tips To Relocate With Your Pet
Relocating your pet can be one of the most difficult things you can do during the time of moving. That’s why it’s important to plan ahead and prepare for many things. It’s not even a stretch to say that the process can take up to a month to make sure your pet moves smoothly!
For your convenience, we have broken down these points to give you a comprehensive guide on how to move with your Pets whether you are moving by yourself or while taking help from Packers and Movers in Chandigarh.
First: Things to Do Before relocating
- Ask your Vet, Visit your veterinarian for a check-up. Ask if your pet is fit to fly or go on long-distance journeys. Talk about the weather conditions in your new destination and ask for advice. Ask for a list of basic medications that your pet may need while traveling.
- Make your pet familiar with crates and containers When you travel, your pet will need to stay in a crate or container. To help your pet get used to the idea of being in a crate, gradually make them stay in the crate for longer periods of time. This will help your pet to get used to the complexities of the crate and will not cause too much hassle during the journey. Don’t force your pet to go into the crate. Keep their favorite toys and treats inside the crate and give them plenty of time to enter the crate and settle down.
- Know the pet laws in your new town. Make sure to ask about the pet laws while you are searching for a new home. Make sure to meet with the responsible parties and get the necessary permits.
- Attach a new collar tag with your Contact, the name badge is your pet’s most important identifier. When you travel with your pet, you need to attach a name badge to their neck collar. You need to update the information to include your new home address, your phone number, your email ID, etc.
- Make sure your pet is comfortable by packing a kit bag with their food, favorite toys, bedding, essential medicines for travel, and other essential pet supplies.
Plan the Logistics
If you’re thinking about traveling by car, you’ll want to make sure you bring your pet along. You’ll have the flexibility to stop your vehicle at any time, so it’s important to make sure your pet’s daily routine is taken care of. Another tip is to get your pet used to riding in the car for extended periods of time (before moving on), so that they don’t cause as much trouble during the trip.
With the help of packers and movers in Chandigarh, you can move your pets safely. Movers and packers will use the right tools, take care of your pet’s needs during the move, and deliver your pets safely to your home.
Second: Things to Do During the Move
One of the most important things you can do for your pet is to keep up with their daily routine. Make sure your pet is fed and groomed until they are ready to go out. The second important thing you can do is to make sure your pet is properly leashed and muzzled before you leave the house. This way, your pet will stay in your control and won't make any noise outside.
Final: Things to Do After the Move
Let them explore the new house. Allow your pet some time to adjust to their new home. Leave some treats around so they can easily go into different rooms and explore the new place. Find a new vet It is important to find a new vet within 7 days of moving to your new city. A routine check-up will ensure your pet doesn’t develop any serious health problems or infections while on the move. Familiarize your pet with the place and people Once you are settled in your new city, it is important to take your pet for a regular walk in your locality. This will help your pet become familiar with the new place and people.
There are certain rules and regulations that you need to follow to avoid any issues. It’s important to know these rules and regulations or you can take help from the Best Packers and Movers Chandigarh. Wishing you and your furry friend a safe and happy move!